Roulette is one of those action packed, fast paced casino games that is bound to get your heart racing! If you love casino games that mix luck with thrill, then you will absolutely love online roulette from Intertops Casino. Even if you have never played roulette before, you’ll find it one of the easiest games to pick up and become a pro at. Those who do have some experience, will find that they get to grips with our version of the game in no time!
Take a look through our getting started guide, tips on the different types of roulette bets, and some fun facts thrown in there too! We’ve even added in a bit of history about this magical casino game, for those who want to show off to their friends. It won’t be long before you’re the online roulette champion of New Zealand, and perhaps even the world!
Getting started with roulette
There are two different types of roulette; European (or French) and American. We love both at Intertops Casino, but to make things easier we’ve focused on the most popular version of the game online, which is American. Here’s a guide to get you started quickly, and below that you’ll find the types of roulette bets that will help you win big!
- The American roulette wheel has 36 numbers, one 0 and one 00. It is up to you where you want to place your bet on the roulette table, and there are plenty of different combinations (see below)!
- All of the chips have different colors depending on their denominations. Pick how much you want to bet, and simply click on the table to place it! You can place as much, or as little, on the table as you like.
- Now you can spin the wheel, as long as you have made all the bets that you want. You’ll see the ball bouncing through the numbers and sections, until the wheel and ball both stop. Wherever the ball lands is the winning number for that game.
- If your chosen number, or color, is where the ball lands then you have won! A dolly, or marker, is placed on the board to show where the winning number is. You’ll also see a close up version of the wheel, wherever the ball has stopped. If you’ve won then congratulations! If not, then try your luck again!
- There are many different options below the roulette table, when playing at Intertops Casino. You can clear the table of all chips, repeat a bet, or change your bet amount. Have a play around on the free ‘for fun’ games before trying to win real cash.
Now that you know the basics of online roulette, it’s time to give the game a go! This is the type of casino game that doesn’t take too long to get used to, and can have you winning in no time. As it is so fast paced, you’ll feel the real thrill of a Vegas casino, when playing from the comfort of your own home.
Different types of roulette bets
The are many different types of roulette bets, and number groupings, which all have different odds and payout amounts! You don’t need to learn them all off by heart, as we have all of the information on our online roulette games themselves. Just hover your mouse over wherever you want to bet, and you will see the type of bet, the odds and how much you could win. If you do want to learn all the different roulette bets, then here they are for reference!
You will find that inside bets tend to have larger payouts, because they are much more difficult to land! Although it can be risky going for an inside bet, the money you can win will definitely be worth it! Here are the different inside bets, when playing online roulette:
- A straight is one number, and has the highest payout (and lowest odds) in roulette.
- A split is two numbers, and is the second highest payout in roulette.
- A street is three numbers, which tends to be along a row (1-3, 4-6, etc.)
- A corner is four numbers, which is so named because you place your chip in the corner of the 4 numbers.
- Five numbers speaks for itself really! Can normally be made up of several inside bets.
- Line bet is six numbers, and has the highest odds of all the inside bets.
Although outside bets have better odds, they do have smaller payouts than inside bets. Outside bets are great for roulette players who don’t want to risk too much, or want to get used to the game first. Many people start betting with outside bets, and then move onto inside bets. These are the different types of outside bets, when playing online roulette:
- Red or black has the lowest payout, as it is a simple 50/50 chance
- Odds or evens has the same payout, and odds, as red or black
- High or low, is also the same, with a 50/50 chance
- Dozen bets are split into three groups (1-12, 13-24 and 25-36)
- Column bets work in the same way as dozen bets
It may seem like a lot to remember, but don’t worry! Not even professional players remember what all of the bets are most of the time. At Intertops Casino, we have made sure our online roulette table is easy for our players to read and understand. So, you don’t have to learn all these bets! Feel like you want to test a few strategies first? Then try our free roulette games, yes we said free! Just select our “play for fun” option when logging in.
The history of roulette
Roulette is a casino game that goes back as far as the 17th and 18th Centuries! Although many people think it may have been invented even long before that, the game that we know now was created in France during that time. Two brothers named Francois and Louis Blanc, are said to have created the first roulette game that is close to the one we all play now. It’s even said that Francois made a deal with the devil, in order to learn the secrets to roulette. That could be why all of the numbers on a roulette wheel add up to 666!
The game quickly moved to Germany, as gambling was illegal in France at the time, where the brothers changed the roulette wheel to include only one 0 (unlike the adapted American version). This was to give players a better edge against the casino, and to ensure that players visited the Blanc’s casinos instead of any others. As soon as gambling became legal again, roulette wheels could be found in every casino in the world. Nowadays it is the third most popular casino game, throughout the world, and probably always will be!
3 fun facts about online roulette
You can’t wait to get to the roulette tables and begin playing, especially now you know so much about the game! So, we’ll leave you with 3 fun facts and then let you get on with your winning.
1.Remember that American roulette has a 00, as well as a 0, which makes it slightly harder to win (although not by much). Pick which game suits your style of playing, depending on how much of a challenge you like!
2.Online roulette has one of the lowest house edges out of all online casino games! This means you have a much better chance of winning at roulette than many other games.